Close

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Themoonisacheese View Post
    also, how do you lower the speed only for one layer?
    I expect you use Makerbot Desktop as your slicer? It allows you to set a first layer speed. It actually allows you set different speeds for many steps eg. first layer, outer shell, infill,

i think it has been calibrated when we recieved it, because it wouldnt work before,
    You really should recalibrate with every material change. Don't assume that every reel you get is the same.

well, the second issue has definitely been fixed, but the filament keeps clogging itself.
    will try to recalibrate it, but makerware for linux doesnt allow me to set different speed for different steps.
    Thanks for the tips anyway
    Attached Images Attached Images

well, the second issue has definitely been fixed, but the filament keeps clogging itself.
    will try to recalibrate it, but makerware for linux doesnt allow me to set different speed for different steps.
    Thanks for the tips anyway
    I don't use Linux myself but you should be able to create your own profile (as opposed to using the default ones) and this will open up a ton of options. Us Windows users use Proftweak to edit these but you can do it in WordPad or the Linux equivalent too. Proftweak is definitely easier to use as it gives a nice overview; with WordPad you'll need to go through it carefully but it is possible. Bottom line: don't use the default profiles.

well, thanks.

i am now able to change speed, i think.

now problem is, I just can't print big parts without the extruder clogging itself in the first 30 mins.

i am now printing at 40mm/s with the platform at 110°C and the extruder at 250°C.