Close

Thread: MK8 or MK9?

Hybrid View

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    First off the fancy plastic cap on the Dreamer is crap and screws up the use of thermocouples.

It is a "MK10" setup. I had some worn out nozzles from Micro Swiss and I drilled them to .6, it worked really good. Probably could go up to .8mm but you will quickly start running into the nozzle design not being able to keep up with the amount of plastic needed at higher speeds.

What do you mean the PTFE tubes wouldn't fit? They should already have PTFE in them.

Well my hot ends appear to have a tapered metal end just large enough for the filament to fit in ill take a pic when my prints finish and share them.

Went to take the pic and I see how these seem to work differently than I expected. The ptfe gets inserted from the nozzle side not the extruder side so you don't have to completely disassemble. My only other experience is the hexagon and the e3d v6 on the ROBO so I was kind of narrow minded in my approach to this. In the pic the flash reveals the PTFE tube inside the hotend.

Last edited by mikejsmith1985; 12-20-2015 at 07:23 PM.