Close

Threaded View

Student

Mount and Reservoir Discussion

Hey folks, with the Peachy printer hitting 1.0 and hopefully shipping soon, let's talk about reservoir, build area, and mounting options.

I'm planning to use straightwall industrial containers for my build area. I have a place in my shop where I can mount the printer to a wood beam and the build area can sit on a shelf below it. For the reservoir, my plan is a Costco milk jug or two. Also planning to mask off the area with cardboard to shield against stray UV. I'm also considering mounting the printer on a milk crate (can do both to have options).

I got several sizes of this for my build area:
    http://www.globalindustrial.com/g/st...all-containers
    Looking forward to trying the 24x22.5x14.5 one and printing some larger items. Has anybody tested printing larger items?

From the videos, looks like Rylan is using Montana jars. I assume that straight vertical walls help make the z-level consistent (i.e. no variance due to container shape). Montana jars seem to top out in size around 2.5 gallons. Besides industrial crates, and Montana jars, what else works? Containers with actual straight, vertical walls are uncommon as most things are designed with a taper for stacking.

What are you all planning to use?
    Last edited by Toasterboy; 06-03-2015 at 04:13 AM. Reason: typo