Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    That sounds good, if you get my extruder setup and it doesn't work out on the Dreamer I will refund if you send it back. I haven't tested it on the Dreamer, but I have looked at all the information I can find and from what I can see it will fit if you remove the box and rewire things. Ya, I'm not a fan of blowing that much air on one nozzle like that. If you are using ABS in a heated chamber you really don't need the fan either, but it can help bridging somewhat. I have run ABS almost exclusively in my Creator pro and have never had a cooling fan...

As for the thermocouple issue, this isn't my finding, it is from some very experienced guys on another board and they can probably explain it more precisely. When you terminate the pipe in the box it creates false readings because it is in a heated environment. Essentially it throws the PID settings all out of whack since it is part of the feedback loop. This isn't a problem if you are printing PLA or flex filaments in an open air printer.

http://www.sterntech.com/pdfs/thermocouples.pdf A nice little pdf on thermocouples. What we have on the dreamer is illustrated on page 4. If T2 and T3 were the same temp it isn't an issue. However T3 would be in a heated environment and T2 on the mainboard and not heated. T3 would be hotter than T2 and would throw off temp measurements. The temp would keep reading low, so the heater would engage to keep up, but it would always be low and temps would runaway and eventually start melting plastic parts.
    Last edited by jfkansas; 06-11-2015 at 04:26 AM.