Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Okay so you want a build vlume of at least 12 inches x&y and you're in the uk - which makes life easier :-)

Extruding a 2d drawing into a 3d printable template is pretty straightforward. So yes it's doable.
    £1000 should be plenty.

Next question - do you mind building it yourself ? That usually knocks acouple hundred quid off. But can give issues with the software (and hardware - but mostly on aself builds it's the software that seems to cause most issues).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/A601S-printe...0mm+3d+printer
    Never heard of it - but big build volume.

Hmm struggling to find 12inch build - but here's aery nice 10x10x10 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Printrbot-...item1e9a1974c8
    printr bot metal plus.

You can get reprap iprusa kits with 12 inch build - but I'm buggered if I can find one tonight.

Thank you Curious aardvark

I would prefer not to build if it would ensure a much smoother transition into 3D printing. If I were to have tons of problems such as software issues before even starting to design I may go bald altogether. If it were pretty straight forward I would certainly not have a problem with building.

I do not mind paying that little extra for the hassle free kit and do not mind paying a little extra for a well known or reliable machine.

I think it is a case of the bigger (build volume) the better but not cheaper the better. Colour I am not concerned with either as it will be put into a sand mould then removed and sat on a shelf or in a box.

I have looked at a ultimaker but there build volumes seem too small.

I may not need the full 11" straight away BUT I would prefer not to have to upgrade at a later stage if I can avoid it.
    Thanks