Hi everyone. I am coming into this blind so please excuse any stupid questions I may ask but this certainly seems like the right place to be.

I know a bit about computers, built a few in the past, do a lot with photoshop, sony vegas and have built a few websites with dreamweaver (yes I know there is many other softwares out there). I know that does not make me an expert but hopefully it helps me a little in my travels towards printing in 3D.

I am looking for my first 3D printer and there seems to be millions of different types out there.
I am looking to buy one to enable me to make accurate things from 2d drawings which have measurements in inches. The drawings have a few angles of each component. The things I make will be used as patterns which I will use to then make cast iron moulds with which I will then machine down to perfect accuracy so although it does not need to be precise to the mm/inch it does need to be straight and level so to speak.

Is there a good system which combines fairly easy but detailed software and a good accurate printer which can make fairly large items. Say the items are 11" circular.

I do not expect there to be a printer which can make it by scanning the drawings in but going to ask anyway.... is there?

I do not have a budget but I was hoping for something around £1000 if possible. I have seen some up at £5k + and even £13K plus which is out of my reach.

Can I please have some guidance on this please. If my budget is too small then please say and I shall have to look at saving a bit more. It is not for commercial use, only my personal hobby and the patterns will only be used once.

Would it even be possible to do what I am asking?

Thanks