Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Engineer-in-Training
    Add Wolfie on Thingiverse
    Filabot was a second choice. Will see how this plays out with EB.

If they contact me and want it back, they can have it once I have my money back. They are not getting it until then. If they don't contact me within a reasonable time, maybe a few weeks to a month, I may well take it apart and see if I can make it go. Not doing that because it has a security seal. But after a reasonable wait time for them to contact me, well they obviously don't want it back.

It also depends on what Visa has to say about the matter. I have heard they sometimes require return of the product for a refund. I am ok with that too. It don't work and I didn't pay $800 to fix it myself.

If I do return it, then I will look at the Filabot. Or not. Depends on my disposition at the time and how frustrated I am with things. Also, summer is my range season. I would rather be out shooting than putzing with an extruder. Winter, yea, no. Thats indoor time

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Filabot was a second choice. Will see how this plays out with EB.

If they contact me and want it back, they can have it once I have my money back. They are not getting it until then. If they don't contact me within a reasonable time, maybe a few weeks to a month, I may well take it apart and see if I can make it go. Not doing that because it has a security seal. But after a reasonable wait time for them to contact me, well they obviously don't want it back.

It also depends on what Visa has to say about the matter. I have heard they sometimes require return of the product for a refund. I am ok with that too. It don't work and I didn't pay $800 to fix it myself.

If I do return it, then I will look at the Filabot. Or not. Depends on my disposition at the time and how frustrated I am with things. Also, summer is my range season. I would rather be out shooting than putzing with an extruder. Winter, yea, no. Thats indoor time
    Unfortunately I have to say it appears ExtrusionBot is a fraud. I am one of the latest victims by virtue of having backed their latest kickstarter venture which now shows every sign of being a complete scam. There was plenty of communication from Mr Mark Dill the project creator right up to the day the project was funded and the money was transferred. Since then he appears to have fallen off the face of the earth, absolutely no communication of any sort to the project backers and the various websites associated with the company on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc have also gone dark with no posting or updates. Since the last post on the kickstarter dated March 24th, 2015 Mr Dill has logged into his account there at least three times that I know of and yet despite repeated requests by various backers there has been absolutely zero response and zero communication.

Deliveries of the kickstarter rewards were slated to have started in late April and by the project timelines most of them were to have been distributed by now. To my knowledge not one single backer has received any "reward" or even any form of communication on the status of the project, this is now over 2 months since the transfer of the funds and well past all promised updates, shipments, etc. For the project creator to blatantly ignore requests for an update from the very people who trustingly handed over their $ to him says nothing good about the person. Calls to his company have either gone unanswered or on the one rare occasion that I did get to speak to someone there they outright lied to me saying that deliveries would start shipping the following Monday which now is two weeks in the past and still nothing. Since then they have apparently stopped answering the phone and all other forms of communication regardless of who is attempting to contact them.

I'm out of town on business and I'll be flying home tomorrow evening. Thursday morning I'll be starting the chargeback process to get my $ back as it appears now that there never will be any products delivered and there never was any intent to do so. Even if they were to magically reappear and start communicating from every posting I've found regarding their products we'd be getting little more than a haphazard collection of shodily assembled parts that wouldn't work anyway.

Stay well clear of ExtrusionBot the company and any financial dealings with Mr Mark Dill, from my dealing with both the only conclusion I can draw is that they are both frauds that will gladly take your money and then not deliver on their empty promises.

Engineer-in-Training
    Well, bank informed me of their and Visa's decision. Based on the documentation I provided with the emails and call records, they returned the funds. So, now we wait to see if EB contacts me now

If they want their POS back, then they need to contact me and provide a shipping label. I am not paying to ship it back.

I am waiting but NOT holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Well, bank informed me of their and Visa's decision. Based on the documentation I provided with the emails and call records, they returned the funds. So, now we wait to see if EB contacts me now

If they want their POS back, then they need to contact me and provide a shipping label. I am not paying to ship it back.

I am waiting but NOT holding my breath.
    Good to hear you got it sorted out, at least on the money side of things. I've submitted the information to my CC company to initiate the chargeback, now I have to wait and see what happens. I would think it's fairly straight forward, I paid for a product that not only has not been delivered within the promised timeframe but also where the company will not provide any update or communication regarding if the product ever will ship. To me that spells fraud above and beyond non delivery of goods.

Also not sure how they would ship anything anyway when they've never sent out kickstarter surveys asking for shipping address details or for payment of the shipping charges. Given the lack of any current updates on any of the websites associated with EB I would not be surprised if they just closed up shop and disappeared, wouldn't be the first time one of these mom and pop shops just shut down without notice.

Reminds me of that old Steve Miller tune, "take the money and run"...

Engineer-in-Training
    Well, I wish you luck in your adventure as well. Hopefully if enough people start getting money back they will either close shop or start responding to customers.

Sorry you have had such an experience. I would personally go with Flashforge. They have been nothing but a joy to work with for someone new like me in 3D Printing. These forums are too.

Sorry they took you for a ride. Block the purchase on your card.

The Extrusionbot company is dead unofficially as of today. Backers of their Cruncher kickstarter scam received a pittance of a refund today with a notice from a law firm stating the company is "winding down" as a result of being unable to produce anything. http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...or-3D-Printing

Engineer-in-Training
    Well, I was contacted last Friday by my rep at the bank. Visa now wants me to ship it back to them. And get this, they want ME to pay for shipping and then recoup it from the company. Rofl, if they were not going to refund the money for the EB2, they certainly are not going to send me money to ship it back.

Problems:
    1. They will not answer the phone
    2. They have no address on their website (thus I have no address to send it to)
    3. They have no contact form on their site anymore
    4. They don't have products on their website the best I can tell
    5. I am not paying shipping.
    6. The EB2 got put out on the curb a few weeks ago in a box of old LCD monitors and went away.

#6 was completely by mistake. Granddaughters were cleaning out the basement and I told them to put the box of monitors out on the curb. I didn't realize the EB2 was in it at the time. Now when I went to get the EB2 out of the basement, I realized where it had been put and where it wasn't anymore.

I emptied my account at the bank (it was a debit card) in case they try to re-acquire the funds. Don't know what else to do other than abandon the account and start over.

Engineer-in-Training
    Update:
    They tried to acquire the funds making the account fall to a negative ~$900.

So despite visa refunding the money and then waiting an entire month to then request a return of the item (which I have since disposed of), they then hit the account for the funds. Again. I saw the writing on the wall and I had only left a couple dollars in the account.

I don't need the account there, it was an extra account at a bank that was a bit more conveniently placed than others, not any of my main accounts so I don't care what they do. Even if I had the EB2 to send, I would not pay the shipping and since the EB company does not return my calls, they clearly were never gong to send me a pre-paid shipping label either. I tried the phone number again, and guess what "This number is no longer in service" phone company recording.

Guess its time to visit the branch I went to and say my goodby's to the tellers I had befriended. The bank, EB and Visa can argue over who gets stiffed on the bill because its not gonna be me.

So, anyone getting a CC or debit refund, be warned, it aint over when you get your refund. If its a CC, I highly recommend you close the CC after getting your refund, assuming you actually get one. If its a debit card, close your account afterwords.

Sorry for the bad news.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12