Close

ExtrusionBot's Cuncher Grinds and Pelletizes Plastic for 3D Printing

The ExtrusionBot team is taking on a new and promising Kickstarter campaign with their motorized filament recycler which can ‘crunch’ any material into uniform, fine pellets that then goes on finally to produce further quality 3D prints. The pelletizer works in tandem with ExtrusionBot filament extruding devices or as a standalone device. Filaments can be made to use for 3D printing from old, failed prints -- or even water bottles! Check out more about this recycling wonder in the full article: http://3dprint.com/42595/extrusionbot-cruncher-recycle/

Have you helped to back this project on Kickstarter. Would you have use for the Cruncher? Below is a photo of the ExtrusionBot process:

So far the creator of the Kickstarter campaign, a self proclaimed project manager, has yet to respond to questions via Kickstarter "contact me" or the comments page. It's been 2 months since he provided an update of any kind. There were several warnings posted by users about Mark Dill and extrusion bot quality and customer service. Apparently those were quite accurate.

Engineer-in-Training
    Add Wolfie on Thingiverse
    Steer clear of this company. I have said my piece in another thread about them. They have still not responed to any contact attempt even after my CC was credited back for the purchase.

Technologist
    Follow raysspl On Twitter Add raysspl on Facebook
    Thanks for the heads-up @Grumble & @Wolfie. It did look promising, to say the least.

The company is unofficially dead at this point. Backers of their latest Cruncher product on Kickstarter have received a pittance of a refund today with a notice from the Winsor Law Group that the business is "winding down" after being unable to produce anything. The creator has yet to man up and make a statement himself about any progress or lack thereof since his project was funded in March. Consider all Extrusion bot products and their support to be completely dead at this point.

Engineer-in-Training
    Add Wolfie on Thingiverse
    Their website has been stripped down of any purchasing I can see. No contact forms anymore. And now "This number is no longer in service" phone company recording from the phone number on the site.

Stick a fork in them, the company is done.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    that's one of the things about crowfunding.
    You're giving them money but they don't - unless it's changed - have any legal obligation to actually send you anything and they don't have to give the money back - unless it's changed.

For the sake of getting something slightly cheaper but having to wait 18months to get it. I just don't think it's worth it.

That said I waited till makibox were out of crowdfunding and shipping actual units and I still got screwed. :-)

There is someone on here using an extrusion bot - the chap making the weird hi-temp resin filament. Pretty sure that's what he said he'd used anyway.

But there are just so many crowdfunded projects that don't go anywhere it's a complete crapshoot.