They're not charging to send it back to me as I understand it. But now we seem to be stymied on even sending it back. I decided to heed everyone's advice and just suck it up and pay to ship it back to them. But now they won't let me do so because I can't seem to find the serial number. They say it's a number with a bar code that starts with "FFC" and that it's located somewhere "around the back" of the machine. They can't be any more descriptive than that. But in the next sentence they say to look around because the labels often fall off. It must be awfully often because none of my three Creators has such a label. Now they say they'll dig through their records to see if they can find it. Until then, I guess I can't even send it back.

Btw, the problem with the machine was that I went to turn it on one day and the power supply was making this odd sound (like labored sound, not the common issue with it being loud and rattling), the display was dead, and there was no familiar audible "beep" from the machine. FF had me run through all sorts of troubleshooting steps and they couldn't identify what the issue was either.