Quote Originally Posted by Bassna View Post
I have just recently read about 2 new filament's, one is anti-bacterial like you said (there is a competition for it on MyMiniFactory currently) and also another one on this same forum about a super conductive filament. I think the problem with heat-resistant to a point is, we need to heat it up to print with it. So that's going to limit thing's to current desktop printer heat's. Transparent filament's keep coming out better and better, I just bought a sample of the new HD glass from FormFutura, it's pretty transparent, not "glass" not it's probably the best I've used yet.

I would like to see more metal-based filament's that have great post-process option's to them. I would also like the price's of those filament's to come down in price :P Also, a legit wax filament would be really useful.
Hi Bassna, thanks for your reply!
I read about his competition you mentioned with the anti-bacterial filament (didn't see the other one, do you have a link?). I didn't think about heat resistance but more like...it does not burn easily. No Flames. More like a thermoset plastic (I hope this is the right term in english). Where I see another problem with transparency may be due to the fact that you print small squashed stripes instead ob a smooth surface. This of course distorts the light coming through.
I didn't print with transparent filament yet but I think post processing a transparent piece with some kind of transparent resin to even out the grooves might help.

Would yo use a wax filament for casting? What metal based filaments have you used so far?