Close

Hybrid View

Same problem I have with the reinforcing layers. Flat parts work well but I tried a couple of relativelly simple 3D parts and it didn't work. I assuming this is a software limitation and should be improved by the company in the near future. Looking to it...

I think it is either a hardware limitation or a limitation of the material itself, that is, either the head has to extrude some minimum amount of fiber to work properly, or the fiber itself won't bond or form or something if it is extruded in too small of segments.

Some strange issues have happened to me though. For example, I was trying to print a relatively large piece with small protruding tab that I wanted to reinforce. By orienting it just right and setting the isotropic angles just right, I was able to fit a little bit of fiber in the tab. I didn't want to print the entire piece, because the estimated print time was like three days, and it contained a large volume of expensive fiber. So I went into Autodesk and cut off about 75% of the part, leaving the section containing the tab. But with this part, I couldn't get the software to fit any fiber in the tab at any angle, no matter how I oriented it. My alterations did not affect the geometry of the tab area at all. The software seems to just be very finicky and inconsistent.