Close

Technologist

12" Plastic Two part Y-Bed To TEST

Someone asked me about a 12" version of my 10" two part plastic Y-Bed. Here is what I came up with for the 1st try. Rather than put this on thingiverse untested, thought I would post it here for testing. Someone else will have to verify the hole dimensions are correct. I did make the openscad file so you could easily change the hole dimensions by adjusting some variables. I used the dimensions from the file beerdart uploaded to this thread as the starting point. http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ighlight=plate
    I am attaching this as a zip file since their several files associated with this. If you have a problem with this zip file, I can put it on my website for retrieval.i3v_12inch_Y-Bed_150513_Upload.zip
    Here are a couple of images of what this looks like. This took 11 hours for me to print the 2 part 10" version. The lengths of the 1/8" brass rod needed for this size should be about
    2 - 1/8" x 305mm Brass Rod
    2 - 1/8" x 232mm Brass Rod
    2 - 1/8" x 291mm Brass Rod
    You will not need the brass rod for testing the correct size & hole pattern for the Y-Bed.
    Here is the link to the 10" Y-bed version on thingiverse for reference. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:824227

Let me know if someone is will to test this design.
    i3v_12inch_Female.jpgi3v_12inch_Male.jpg

the answer is yes.... eventually... have so much printing to do... but using this as a lightweight alternative to the wood, and then placing an aluminium sheet on top should do nicely

Technologist
    I am not sure whether it will really be any lighter. My 10" version with the added brass & same hardware as wooden version was the exact same weight. If you make it work without the extra height ledges & use an aluminum sheet instead of the brass rod as you are saying, it probably would be less weight. I will be interested to see how you make this.

i am more concerned with less warping than anything... I can always get a bigger motor :-P