Alas, another Dollo thread update. Not much changes about the printers, but thought about sharing an general update about how the printers are behaving. Been using both of the Dollos, maybe few hundred printing hours for both and no major problems, but still some smaller issues.

On the bigger Dollo:
- a scrub screw fell of from the left Y-axis gear. This jammed the left side of the Y-axis, which of course caused a big layer shift. Re-applied the screw and hopefully tightened it well enough this time, although this could be an issue about PLA strecthing over time and eventually the screws just get loose...
- had a couple of min temp errors on the hotend, turned out the hotend heater wire had a spot that was getting warm, apparently there had been a kink on that spot and it started failing. Fixed the wire and works so far.
- small quality issues (the layer shift mentioned above), seems to be related to the X- and Y-axes sleds rocking back and forth a tiny amount when changing direction... maybe yet another redesign coming. I do have few ideas to try

On Dollo3D.2:
- current RAMPS setup has some issues, USB connection from Octoprint might take lot of tries before getting a connection. After connection is established, it works stable though
- having undervoltage issues with Raspi, apparently the 5V I'm feeding to it from the ATX PSU isn't good enough. Might be a reason for the USB issue...
- In general the power from ATX PSU seems to be bit on the low side, the voltages seem to dip a bit every time bed heater is turned on and this affects even the temp readouts, I get a rare mintemp error when hotend and bed heaters turn on and off and the temps jump few degrees up and down.
- might be a good idea to replace the ATX PSU with proper 12V PSU, I'm not even using the ATX standby option
- print quality over 150mm height seems the degrade a bit, apparently the Z-axis needs to be improved

Even with few hickups here and there, both of the printers still print quite solidly. Currently been printing these table legs with assorted PETGs. Each segment is 210mm tall and has 5mm holes for 5mm threaded rods. Also they are accurate enough that they fit each other, with 0.5mm tolerances modeled in. I do have some improvements planned, but not in a hurry as the Dollos are doing their thing well eough at the moment.

IMG_20210325_215419.jpgIMG_20210325_215146.jpgIMG_20210325_215458.jpg