Close

Pirate3D and MyMiniFactory Team for Wargaming Design Contest

MyMiniFactory and Pirate3D are sponsoring a themed design competition based around wargaming and gaming miniature designs, and they're looking for entries which make use of figurines and set pieces like Dungeons and Dragons-type or games which feature tanks, spacecraft or aliens. All design entries must be printable on FDM 3D printers, and they need to fit within the parameters of the wargaming theme, entries need to make sense as a complete unit or set piece in table top warfare game. If your design is in multiple parts, please make sure you submit all parts -as STLS- with instructions or diagrams of how they fit together. Each part of your design must fit within the build volume of the Buccaneer 3D printer. You can read the whole story and all the contest details here: http://3dprint.com/63054/myminifacto...design-contest

Is this contest still open? Do I submit my model with a tag saying the contest name or something?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    didn't even realise the pirate printer was still going.
    Never could work out why they'd hide the print head - people love to watch things being printed.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    didn't even realise the pirate printer was still going.
    Never could work out why they'd hide the print head - people love to watch things being printed.
    I am a backer, I imagine they are still selling the printer. It's pretty decent, what I printed looks fine. I still have to get better at the brims, rafts and supports though, they ruin the details of my print sometimes.

Yes I'd love to watch the print head too, just in case something goes wrong I can act quick and avoind wasting more plastic.