Close

Rambo friend, on RAMPS, can't get servo to quit twitching... any ideas?

my rambo fried... not friend...

so I have the deactivation delay uncommented, but still twitching away... guess i will start messing with teh angle to see if i can get it locked into place... unless anyone has other ideas.

Play with the engage and retract angle... Move it a little bit either way and see if you can get it to quiet down. But before you do... Can you take a volt meter to it and see if the signal is high or low when it is sitting idle? If it is high... There may be a one line fix for you.

Technologist
    Is it something like this video below. If so. To me it seem power still running to the servo and is not placing the servo in a quiet state. I still keeps getting those twitches when the stepper motor moves. I notice when I was moving my bed. My servo twitch. Same as the x axis. I also notice if my printer is off and I move my bed or any motor the led light on the power supply turns on for that second. Am not sure if everything is connected some how.

Quote Originally Posted by sniffle View Post
    my rambo fried... not friend...

so I have the deactivation delay uncommented, but still twitching away... guess i will start messing with teh angle to see if i can get it locked into place... unless anyone has other ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Play with the engage and retract angle... Move it a little bit either way and see if you can get it to quiet down. But before you do... Can you take a volt meter to it and see if the signal is high or low when it is sitting idle? If it is high... There may be a one line fix for you.

I'll check the next time i'm done with and about to start another. I am so far behind printing now >.<

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by rhonal89 View Post
    I also notice if my printer is off and I move my bed or any motor the led light on the power supply turns on for that second. Am not sure if everything is connected some how.
    The stepper motors will act as generators when manually turned. The Power LED is sensing this voltage potential when you move the bed and in turn spin the Y stepper.

Turn one of the Z steppers and watch what happens to the opposite Z stepper. If you turn a stepper slowly it won't generate much voltage, but give it ( the stepper ) a quick turn and you'll produce plenty.