Quote Originally Posted by richardphat View Post
I'll be honest with you, but the makerbot 5th gen is notorious for failing. The series itself is a total failure, I'd suggest you to get a refund and actually get a printer that work. It's a piece of garbage.

Because if you keep sticking with the makerbot 5th gen, you'll just end up losing time, money and become frustrated.

Get your money back while you can, and I think everyone that truely wants to help you will agree with what I have written.

Instead, I'd reccomend some notorious sucessfull printers, such as the Ultimaker 2, Affinia printers, Ditto Pro, of course there are tons of honorable mention I haven't added yet.
Well I wouldn't quite agree on that. I personally own one and could agree, that over the last year there was ups and downs for makerbot 5th Gen. ( more downs than ups maybe ) , but after the latest firmware/desktop release and the new revision smart extruder which I have got replaced free of charge I have almost no trouble with it and the quality is really nice!

For the problem, have you already printed before or is it the first run you try to do? Have you followed all the steps of the leveling build plate and turn the knobs tight before readjusting it?