Close

Hybrid View

I'm not 100% but I have been running a 50mm on the cooler for a week now with no problems. Getting some nice results bridging with it too. Just a regular 50 not a blower type. I think jetguy said something to the effect of the board being capable of handling more fans. I have two noctua's 40mm fans coming, I have been threw 3 fans already. The radio shack 40mm I got is a nice fan, but it suffered the wrath of my thumb.

Hm...interesting. Another stupid question - what size do you measure? I mean I just looked at my fan and its 30mm on "sides" and is 40mm diagonally... so is it 40mm or 30m fan?
    Where do you use your 50mm and what power do you have on the 40mm that you ordered?
    Can you maybe give me the link to that fan? And also to the "blower" you printed?

PS
    Damn... Ive spent a good 3 hours yesterday disassembling the feeder, extruder, and trying to fix the fan. But on the bright side - now I know how the sh*t works. Which is actually pretty simple... I thought there would be more to it when it came to the feeder.

PPS
    Just googled it. So fan is measured from side to side. Which means that I have a 30mm fan (the one on front, blowing onto the hotend).

PPPS
    So I think Ima buy this one:
    http://www.akasa.com.tw/update.php?t...=AK-160%20BL-S
    It has a nice Blue LED so its gonna look nice. 5000 RPM - good enough?
    Last edited by Barbarus; 02-23-2016 at 03:20 AM.

Technician
    Add Wes@MachWax on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarus View Post
    Hm...interesting. Another stupid question - what size do you measure? I mean I just looked at my fan and its 30mm on "sides" and is 40mm diagonally... so is it 40mm or 30m fan?
    You measure the "sides" for a fan. I think diagonal is used mostly just for TVs.

Yepp, got it - see my "PPS" in the post above.
    But the quesion is - how powerful can the fan be?