Close

Tinkers Offering Ground Up Electronics and old PCs for 3D Printer Filament Creation

The crew at the Tinkers Store is not only offering the world a service by recycling electronics and old computers as they’ve been doing for 17 years, but now they are offering you too a great way to buy inexpensive recycled plastic for your home extruder. At $4.99 per pound, you can buy their ground plastics and take off with 3D printing. Read more about the Tinkers Store's offerings in the full article: http://3dprint.com/62362/tinkers-sto...ycled-plastic/

Below is a look at ground plastics from Tinkers Store:

has a toxicity report been compiled on the fumes released.

(Mother Nature approves.) in what way last I read lego stays in the ground for some time ain't lego made of ABS.

Engineer-in-Training
    Add Wolfie on Thingiverse
    Am I missing something here? $4.99? A pound? Virgin ABS pellets are going for < $3 a pound. Why would I buy questionable quality recycled stuff for MORE than virgin stuff?

Also....
    The ABS Gray color also know as 495F High Impact Polystyrene is what we are selling at this time.
    We sell it at $4.99 for a 1 pound bag shipping not included. We will have other colors soon, just
    Sooooo...is it HIPS or ABS?

I suck at spelling and even I noticed several errors on their page. I would feel rather uneasy about ordering from them even if their price was reasonable, which it doesn't appear to be.