Close

Hybrid View

Student

Filament Sometimes Curls Out Of Nozzle

I have a FFCP and at the start of a print the printhead moves to the front left and extrudes about 4" of filament. Sometimes it comes out straight and hangs down (as I would expect) but sometimes it curls up and sticks to the side of the nozzle. This happens with the same filament, same temps, same everything. It seems to be random. Is this just something that sometimes happens or it it indicative of a partially plugged nozzle or something else? It is just a hassle since it forces me to be in front of the printer when I start a print.

Thanks

Steven

It happens on mine from time to time too. That said, I don't consider it a hassle as I am always in front of my printer at the start of a print...

Technologist
    Follow raysspl On Twitter Add raysspl on Facebook
    One of the reasons why it curls up is that it's still pre-heating. Another reason is that yes -- the nozzle may need to get cleaned.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    it spits it out - presumably you're using simplify3d - very fast. Just grab the first bit and pull it straight and the rest will extrude straight.

As ssayer says: never start a print if you're there to trouble shoot the nozzle clear and first layer.