Yup. And the making lemonade view is that what goes along with the difficulties are the prusa strengths, namely: excellent maintainability. While I'm grumbling about the wiring scheme, the thing I gotta remember is that when I brought it down to put on the workshop table so as to have 360deg access to everything..., I actually got it. I can't think of a single gizmo I've worked on of similar complexity for which I can say that.

..., and..., man..., I thought I had a pretty good stash of tie wraps..., but jeesh.

I guess a little status while I'm here: Probably won't be able to finish wiring today, too much pointless-useless-non-3d-printer-building stuff I gotta do instead.

Have decided that since the X servo cable has gotta be stupid long anyway..., might as well as take advantage of that and route it along the top and behind the frame.

Last night played with various temp settings. The indicated temps actually come up pretty quickly. The HE very quickly..., and the HB comes up to 100C (indicated) in probably less than 3 min. BUT..., the IR sensor shows much lower temps on the HB than what are indicated. So..., I'm guess's a proper warm-up includes a substantial heat-soak. Might get a silicon sheet to throw on top of the HB while heating.

Quote Originally Posted by TopJimmyCooks View Post
If you're into this hobby and specifically prusa variants, prepare yourself to do plenty of wire shortening, lengthening and managing. Soldering iron, solder, a fistful of tie wraps, heatshrink and a bic lighter will put you right. The kits come with plenty of extra wire in the RRD wiring kit.
Per Bill The Cat: "thpppppfpppt!!!!"

If you want plug and play, I hear Ultimaker has a nice one.