Long time no update.

I've been running with the original wood y-bed for around a year, and was living with the warping, since it was just missing direct interference with anything.

For a long time the bed had a clicking sound that I could never really isolate or eliminate..., and owing to the warp, the mechanical leveling was at the outer limits of possible.

The clicking and general feeling of "less than a precision instrument" wrt the likely binding of the delrin wheels, and the interest in taking the leveling thing to the next level finally reached a breaking point.

Finally got around to the aluminum bed upgrade.

I'd like to say that when I print something now, the angels sing and people stop me in the street to ask all manner of questions about 3d printing..., but I can't say that.

What I will say is that the y-bed now moves smoothly AND silently. Not much real change in print quality. My hope is that the bed is generally more stable and the manual mesh leveling doesn't have to be done too often.

The next upgrades being planned:

• Rear spool holder (lower the CG of the printer a bit)
  • Print a new Wade's extruder assy and mod with PTFE tubing.
    • I STILL may go with IBDFV2 someday, but for now, I want the cheapest solution to printing w/ ABS and flexible mat'l on the same machine.

• PWM/PID driven SSR for HB

That is all.