Sounds like you got past the problem. I agree with everyone else regarding the quality of certain components of the kit. The M3 nuts seem to be a significant "dis-satisfier"..., and if Colin fixed only that one problem (sure..., there are others), I think it would result in a useful improvement of folks' impression of product quality.

I dealt with the nuts by being VERY picky about whether I used them or not. If there was ANY indication that there was a potential for cross-threading (which is what I think bit you), I threw out the nut. The nut had to spin on easily, or it was discarded.

In the end, my attitude toward the MakerFarm kit is very definitely on the glass-half-full side of things. I would still recommend the kit to certain people, with the caveat that they have some appropriate mechanical skills and patience. In a weird way, I feel like some of the problems I had assembling the kit, that related to weaknesses in the kit, actually contributed to the final outcome of the printer working on the first try, because it forced me to slow down and think things through.

Just the same, for Colin and MakerFarm's sake, I hope that some modest product improvement is on their roadmap.

Quote Originally Posted by Renfro View Post
These M3 nuts are still driving me crazy (pun avoided)!

Last night I found out that my biggest problem with the prints was caused by the Y Idler not being secured. The nuts where all but impossible to remove or tighten! After 40 mins and almost breaking the wood parts we (four hands) where able to remove the nuts and replace with locally bought (good) nuts.

Didn't expect the lack of QC on this kit.