Close

Threaded View

Student

Guidance for Delta 3D printer (and open Poll)

Hello everyone

I am tasked with building a delta-style 3D printer for a social-causes NPO, expected to be running by 7th May & presented on 10th May. So please help me out.

I have been reading books, magazines & googling for 2 weeks now (analysis paralysis) and need some direct human advice & opinion on some questions to make up for ill-spent time.

Side Note: I have little experience with Arduino electronics (proficiency 40%) & mechanical assembly (proficiency 90%) & I have already read Best Delta nowdays & this
    Q1 to Q3 are over at google forms, you can see the poll results after filling.
    Besides just helping me it will serve as a good stats resource for others in future also. I don't know HTML so I had to use Google Forms

If you want to discuss/suggest anything about those 3 questions kindly post them here.

My other questions which I hope to get answers to are:
    1. I am working on perfecting pellet to filament convertor but if that fails can I use braided-Nylon thread?
    2. What affects the need of heated bed - filament material OR printer design (ie. gantry, delta, cartesian, etc.); can I skip it or is it necessary?
    3. I do not have access to 3D Printer but to a CNC machine, all BOM carry a section "3D Printed Parts", can I make those parts myself?
    4. Is it worth the time & effort if I try to DIY-build your chosen electronics board myself?
    5. Skip on-board LCD using 3dPrinterOS || OctoPrint

I will make a blog on May 25th & keep you al updated with the progress. And hopefully find some more help along the way if I get struck.
    Last edited by SheilaCaff; 04-22-2015 at 08:04 PM.