Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hybrid View

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Hmm... at that cost, the time spent making one may not be worth it! That said, I'm still intrigued by reverse engineering it. A set of calipers should do you fine, and it looks like, to my eye, there only 3 radii to deal with , so you might be able to get it into SU, and use the arc tool to semi-easily create those radii. Oh well....

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Marm View Post
    Hmm... at that cost, the time spent making one may not be worth it! That said, I'm still intrigued by reverse engineering it. A set of calipers should do you fine, and it looks like, to my eye, there only 3 radii to deal with , so you might be able to get it into SU, and use the arc tool to semi-easily create those radii. Oh well....
    Yeah, I'm well past the major radii. I spent a few more hours on it last night and am almost there. The key was those two tabs in the corners which hold it in place.

Of course the 5 hours I've already spent include the enhancements, not just the original part.

Seems like there may be a major market developing for inexpensive scanners that really work reliably.

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by robosmith View Post

Seems like there may be a major market developing for inexpensive scanners that really work reliably.
    And there's the rub.

Technologist
    Well, I think I've finally got a part that's close enough fit.

One surface that looked flat is actually sloped. My first cut had a same sized edge overhang all the way around, but the actual part varies continuously with a couple of notches.

All told I spent a good 5 hours and 3 prints. Would be nice if there were a good scanning service.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123