Close

Threaded View

Technologist

pronterface/osx-yosemite/rumba no-go? (now it's a go!)

When I started the build, I had in mind that the machine would be in the vicinity of a Linux box. Hasn't worked out that way, so my only alternative ATM is a 2014 MacBook Pro running Yosemite.

My controller is a RUMBA.

..., and neither Pronterface nor Cura want to talk to it.

The usb-serial ports show up, but unfortunately Pronterface only reports possible baud rate errors upon connection attempts..., etc. Cura simply fails during the auto-probe and doesn't do much of anything when explicitly set.

Marlin's Configuration.h shows a bit rate of 250000, which I've set in both the host applications. Nada.

Doesn't matter which USB port I use.

Interestingly, the Arduino IDE has no problems.

About the only two easy options I can think of are to try reducing the Configuration.h setting..., though I'm doubtful of that simply because Arduino IDE IS working. Not sure that is quite relevant though simply because I assume it's NOT Marlin that's running when Marlin is being uploaded.

Could also try earlier versions of Pronterface..., but that seems doubtful simply because problems talking to OS/X show up fairly regularly in the post-Lion era, so what's the likelihood earlier versions from that era are gonna work...

Any thoughts?

Thx!
    Last edited by lakester; 05-11-2015 at 01:13 AM.