Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ABL w/ the Rumba Board

Good morning Folks... So ive read through that gigantic thread on ABL with rumba, but didnt really take much away from it, except for the fact that forever it hasnt been possible.
    I just wanted to ask quickly to see if anything has changed there. I have the 12" and REALLY want to use ABL with my rumba board. If its just not possible, i can get a different board.
    thank you guys

Auto Bed Leveling isn't possible on a Rumba Board? Why would that be? I think it is possible!

not that it isnt possible , of course it is, but i dont know if anyone has it working correctly, or its in its infancy, OR im not finding the material. Im not a code monkey, so I live and die by finding information on the interwebernets. If it has been successfully done, is there a concise guide to it somewhere?

I have it working on my Rumba. Printing out some calibration cubes to see how it does. Look at the post about the Rumba and there is even a link to a firmware all good to go. Then follow Zennmaster's guide to get all the measurements.

Draud, thank you . I have read that thread a couple of times. there is so much in there and it seems so scattered with one bit of code here, another here.. Nothing really in anything readable and digestable. thanks

Anytime. When I downloaded the frimware ake sure a pull out the other two config files as it messed up the abl. I also used clugh42 servo mount from thingiverse to mount everything.

Engineer-in-Training
    ABL is working fine on my 12" i3v with a rumba.

I know it's a lot to ask but could u do a write up? Like I said I think that thread is good but it's so disjointed. I have the hardware mounted and it's ready to connect to board and work on software and firmware. Thanks

Engineer-in-Training
    Some where in the thread there is a very brief how to. I can't remember where it is.

1)To start, download the firmware i posted here. I know it works with the Rumba. It is in post 90 of that thread. #90 I think there have been some changes to the main firmware but I haven't tried it out yet.

2) You will need to modify the Config.h file, the Pins.h file and the Marlin.main file. The firmware linked above should have the changed needed for the Rumba.

3) Make sure you adjust the offsets per the zenmaster videos on youtube.

I have auto bed tramming working on our Rumba. I used the most recent stock Marlin firmware. It has sections for the Rumba and all the latest toys. I only had to edit Config.h and all is good.

Enable ABL, measure and set offsets, set servo angles. I have the servo plugged into the bottom left three pins of EXP3. CHANGE PIN OUT ON SERVO CONNECTOR or you will cook something. Just move the ground to the middle pin and +5 is on the bottom.

I think auto bed tramming is almost necessary with a wooden Y bed that is 300mm square. That is not going to stay where you want it for very long. Mine is warped after only a few weeks of printing.

swirvbox

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast