Quote Originally Posted by old man emu View Post
After some help from Colin Farrer of MakerFarm, I made my first useful print today. They are the two gears from the Wades Extruder. They are not the ones supplied with the kit, but will do for backups.

A couple of things that I found to be important:

1. It is essential to set the Z-Axis endstop so the gap between the bottom of the extruder nozzle and the hot bed is between 0.1 and 0.3mm (4 thou - 10 thou")
2. The hot bed glass has to be squeaky clean and dust free before it is sprayed with Garnier-Fructus Maximum hold hairspray.

I've attached a couple of photos.

.On Hot bed.jpgClose up.jpg
Not too shabby mate, I most definitely would as King said, get some kaptop tape. I dont spray or use anything on my hotbed other than kapton tape, and if something doesnt stick I simply raise the hotbed temperature a little until it does, or lower it depending on how it is curling.

If you get curled edges from the very beginning of your print, like within the first 10-20 layers, your bed is generally too hot, and if you are getting corner lift after a long time (or after say, a certain height) then the bed is too cold.