Quote Originally Posted by locator View Post
Wow.. You are so great. I'm using projet 1200 with cast. I have some questions.
1. Support is too large(despite i set this small size ) and I think that software fixed to largest size. you too?
2. How many hours does it take to fully cure? (average time in bulit-in chamber)

I think that projet 1200's built-in curing chamber is crap. It works only 10min and it couldn't cure all side of printing. We need to use a more strong external chamber.
Oh thank you.
1. I create my own supports in Rhino and attach manual supports to the bottom of each in Geomagic. You're absolutely right. Even the small supports in Geomagic are too big. When I tried to remove them, sometimes the piece would break. My supports range from 0.6mm to 1mm in diameter and are tapered at the tip for easier removal.

2. Smaller pieces seem to cure completely after 2-4 cycles in the curing chamber. Larger pieces take much longer (I have a ring in there right now, and at the time of writing this it's on its 6th cycle). Keep curing the piece until the green shade is completely gone and you'll minimize expansion during burnout. The color changes to white, then a light pink. I'm looking into building an external curing chamber as well. Something I can setup to cure overnight.

Good luck to you and if you ever need any help, please feel free to contact me.