Close

Hybrid View

Engineer-in-Training
    Actually, and IMHO, it's better to use heating heads without a PTEF tube; an all metal nozzle in my experience is more reliable, robust and easier to maintain.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Actually, and IMHO, it's better to use heating heads without a PTEF tube; an all metal nozzle in my experience is more reliable, robust and easier to maintain.
    Someone who posted earlier said it's vital to have the PTFE otherwise it will ruin my hot end? You may be right too but as I'm new to 3D Printing and have had 2 opposing suggestions I'm not entirely sure what to do.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SamTheBuilder View Post
    Someone who posted earlier said it's vital to have the PTFE otherwise it will ruin my hot end? You may be right too but as I'm new to 3D Printing and have had 2 opposing suggestions I'm not entirely sure what to do.
    Well, if your extruder is designed to have a PTFE lining then you have to use it, but all metal hotends don't need it, for example the E3D I'm printing with right now is all metal and has worked flawlessly for the last year and a half.