Close

Hybrid View

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    dunginhawk, don't disable the hexagon cooling fan, it could cause your extruder parts to melt and deform. Instead flip the fan direction by removing it and flipping it around so it pulls the air up from the bed and out the front.

so strange as it sounds the layer fan seemed to be causing most, if not all of these issues... im not sure why that would be though. here are three shots, FRONT, RIGHT and BACK.
    pictures arent as good as the part is.. the fingernail test is difinitive.. HUGE different between layer fan and no layer fan... NO IDEA why a layer fan would make it MUCH worse.
    especially since the fan is blowing on the left side of chasis, so you would think the front and right would get less airflow from it.
    Talking with Colin from MF he informs me that he never uses a cooling fan on the layers.. Didnt notice much improvement... With my rostock max i had 3 layer fans. ANyone else have a thought either way? ive always been told cooling fans are a must for PLA, Copper/Bronze, Ninja, and overhangs, or bridges.

Last edited by dunginhawk; 03-24-2015 at 11:00 AM.