Close

View Poll Results: What quantity of 3D printer filament do you prefer to buy?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1kg spool

13 86.67%
  • 250g spool

1 6.67%
  • 10m

1 6.67%
  • by the meter

0 0%

Hybrid View

Student
    I think you can divide 3D printer users largely into 2 groups:
    - The ones that print "something" from time to time, nothing to big, like gadgets, arduino cases etc ... I think those people prefer 10m and 0.5kg etc ...
    - The ones that print 24h/24h - 7d/7d (I have 3 printers up and running, 24 hours a day). I do really big projects. (trains and buildings for garden modelrailroads for example, objects with a few hundred pieces, sometimes between 10 & 20 kg per project) As said before, for me, a spool can never be big enough :-)
    I even set my alarmclock in the middle of the night, to empty printbeds and start new printjobs :-)

Senior Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by sn00zerman View Post
    I think you can divide 3D printer users largely into 2 groups:
    - The ones that print "something" from time to time, nothing to big, like gadgets, arduino cases etc ... I think those people prefer 10m and 0.5kg etc ...
    - The ones that print 24h/24h - 7d/7d (I have 3 printers up and running, 24 hours a day). I do really big projects. (trains and buildings for garden modelrailroads for example, objects with a few hundred pieces, sometimes between 10 & 20 kg per project) As said before, for me, a spool can never be big enough :-)
    I even set my alarmclock in the middle of the night, to empty printbeds and start new printjobs :-)
    At which point one wonders if a 3DAA (3D addicted anonymous) group should be formed.

Hello, my name's John and I have a printing problem.