Close

View Poll Results: What quantity of 3D printer filament do you prefer to buy?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1kg spool

13 86.67%
  • 250g spool

1 6.67%
  • 10m

1 6.67%
  • by the meter

0 0%

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Oh yes one other thing (lol)
    You're pla prices are currently among the highest in the uk. Drop them :-)
    At the moment if I'm looking for good filament not just cheap. 3dfilaprint offer me reprappertech ltd for £18 a kg.
    The cheapest I've found on your site is £22.80 for the same amount.

That's a significant difference. And unless there was some really obscure filament type I was looking for I'd go with the reprapper tech pla as that is very nice stuff indeed.

So there are more things to consider than just amount of filament - you need to be competitive price wise as well. At the moment you're one of the most expensive for basic filament.
    That said I might by a 250gm roll of something I didn't need a lot of.
    There are a lot of parameters you need to take into account :-)

Engineer-in-Training iDig3Dprinting's Avatar
    Follow iDig3Dprinting On Twitter Add iDig3Dprinting on Facebook Add iDig3Dprinting on Google+ Add iDig3Dprinting on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    Oh yes one other thing (lol)
    You're pla prices are currently among the highest in the uk. Drop them :-)
    At the moment if I'm looking for good filament not just cheap. 3dfilaprint offer me reprappertech ltd for £18 a kg.
    The cheapest I've found on your site is £22.80 for the same amount.

That's a significant difference. And unless there was some really obscure filament type I was looking for I'd go with the reprapper tech pla as that is very nice stuff indeed.

So there are more things to consider than just amount of filament - you need to be competitive price wise as well. At the moment you're one of the most expensive for basic filament.
    That said I might by a 250gm roll of something I didn't need a lot of.
    There are a lot of parameters you need to take into account :-)
    Very much appreciate the input. We will update the prices to make them more competitive (£18.35). We will do that over the weekend. Our aim is to gear our offerings around what people want so asking questions and canvassing opinions on forums like this are a great tool for us. The idea is that everyone gets what they want out of the relationship between buyer and seller.

Thanks,

IDig3Dprinting