So far I've been printing with regular ABS, using HIPS for support and limonene or orange oil as solvent for HIPS. It generally worked out all right: though HIPS was dissolving quite slowly and I sometimes had to dig semi-dissolved material out of the hard-to-reach places, ABS remained perfectly solid and unaffected by the solvent.

I tried to do the same with green glow-in-the-dark filament. After the usual couple of hours of soaking in limonene, the piece visibly softened (to the point that you could even make impressions in it with a fingernail) and the green dye started leaking into the solvent. I took the piece out and let it dry, but apparently it irreversibly lost much of its rigidity and even started to "meld" with remaining HIPS.

I assumed that I got a bad batch of filament so I went to a local store and got another roll of glow-in-the-dark ABS by a different manufacturer. (The first one was, I think, MG, and the second one is Shaxon.) Put a piece of filament into a cup of limonene, two hours ... same story: visible softening.

Is it universal for glow-in-the-dark ABS, or are there brands that can be printed with HIPS support? Or do I need to switch to PLA? And I wonder if this is dependent on the color, e.g. maybe fluorescent yellow would not be susceptible to this problem?