Close

Hybrid View

Oh yes that does look a little rough doesn't it lol... I never really considered just how rough it would be, I didn't expect it to be perfectly smooth but that's an easy problem to resolve. Don't know why I didn't consider weight though. Thanks for your reply, it's given me quite a bit to think about.

I'm thinking my best bet is probably to buy a reasonable size printer, then print larger panels off in small sections, then make a mould from it. It definitely would be ideal having a mould after the panels are created. I'm quite a way off that all yet, just wanted to build an idea of how I would actually go about doing it, having a company I could send designs to in order to get printed would have been easier but would probably get better results cheaper this way, and having a mould I could always recreate panels easily with fibreglass

Thanks again for your help.

I really must remember how to spell mould and mold correctly. Printing in smaller parts is a good idea. Take a look at this 3D-printed kayak for ideas on how to put it together: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ching-too.html.