Close

Hybrid View

Engineer-in-Training iDig3Dprinting's Avatar
    Follow iDig3Dprinting On Twitter Add iDig3Dprinting on Facebook Add iDig3Dprinting on Google+ Add iDig3Dprinting on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    But for essentially £1000 I can get 2x flashforge and a shelf of filament.
    Yes but for the £450 priced flashforges you don't get the same build quality, or a print resolution of 20microns, certainly not the same warranty. This is a plug'n play desktop 3D printer of quality. The build volume may be a limitation depending on what you are planning to do with it, it prints fine detail models. You are not going to use it to print a large vase. Just think how much detail you could get on your bird plucker, you could increase the surface area of its bobbles and so increase friction and so its power to pluck those ducks/chickens.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iDig3Dprinting View Post
    Yes but for the £450 priced flashforges you don't get the same build quality, or a print resolution of 20microns, certainly not the same warranty. This is a plug'n play desktop 3D printer of quality. The build volume may be a limitation depending on what you are planning to do with it, it prints fine detail models. You are not going to use it to print a large vase. Just think how much detail you could get on your bird plucker, you could increase the surface area of its bobbles and so increase friction and so its power to pluck those ducks/chickens.
    lol now there's a thought: fractal generated infinite surface area plucking fingers.
    I guess the robox is aimed more at the commercial market than the stuff I make.

There probably arent that many people who print custom dog poop bag dispensers for their front porch (my last design - necessary as we've currently got a new puppy ). I just don't do much in the way of really fine detail.

So got any pics of a really fine print that hasn't been post processed ? Does it match up to some of the sla prints, for example ?

I still think 10cm height is a bit small. I haven't yet needed to print the full 15cm height, but I have done quite a few things taller than 10.
    Also dread to think how long anything printed at 20 microns would take !

But like you say - horses for courses :-)

Engineer-in-Training iDig3Dprinting's Avatar
    Follow iDig3Dprinting On Twitter Add iDig3Dprinting on Facebook Add iDig3Dprinting on Google+ Add iDig3Dprinting on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    lol now there's a thought: fractal generated infinite surface area plucking fingers.
    I guess the robox is aimed more at the commercial market than the stuff I make.

There probably arent that many people who print custom dog poop bag dispensers for their front porch (my last design - necessary as we've currently got a new puppy ). I just don't do much in the way of really fine detail.

So got any pics of a really fine print that hasn't been post processed ? Does it match up to some of the sla prints, for example ?

I still think 10cm height is a bit small. I haven't yet needed to print the full 15cm height, but I have done quite a few things taller than 10.
    Also dread to think how long anything printed at 20 microns would take !

But like you say - horses for courses :-)
    We don't have any pictures ourselves, apart from some stock imagery, which we cannot be sure is 20microns or has not undergone some post-processing.

You can see how fine the layering is in this image though.

But yes at 20micons, its not going to be quick, you will want to have made very sure that the .STL is good and the printer is set up well before you start.

Fractal surfaces, yes that would have been a much better phrase for what I was getting at earlier with the feather plucker. Give us a link to your thingiverse model for the dog poo bag dispenser and we will put it up on the website. The video of the plucker was very good (LOL) but made us err on the side of caution with respect to putting the files up.
    Attached Images Attached Images