Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dream_arch View Post
    Hello there.

What do you think? Will Cube Jet use expensive Visi Jet PLX cartridge? If yes, it will be quite expensive to use this machine...
    That's a really good question. Unfortunately, I can't answer it with any certainty yet. The product manager got pulled away when I was talking to him because everyone got kicked out of the 3D Systems booth so they could do a video production.

Quote Originally Posted by ninicoco View Post
    So basically the CubeJet is exacly the same X60 printers the only difference is the size and price?
    I honestly can't say if that is the only difference. However, I know for certain the CubeJet is based on the same technology used in the X60 line. I've also seen X60 printers while they are printing and it looked very much like what I saw inside the CubeJet.

Technologist
    I think the material cost for the cubejet will be expensive as i'm sure they will have proprietary material for it.
    Just like the zcorp/3d system material it's going to be up there. They are selling the machine cheap but will be making the money
    from material cost.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by cokreeate View Post
    They are selling the machine cheap but will be making the money
    from material cost.
    That's true. Andone of the main reasons why i still have not decided yet whether to buy 3DS products.
    On 27. March will be held here in Vienna 3d printing conference. I checked, 3DS will be attended by conference. I will definately ask somebody from 3DS about cartridge type and price on it and I will post it for you here if I got a clear answer.

What about size? It seems that work space will be max. 16x16x16 cm..

So, dream_arch, how did it go? did you find out about the cartridge type and build volume? thanx

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by ivanana3 View Post
    So, dream_arch, how did it go? did you find out about the cartridge type and build volume? thanx
    hi Ivana,

the funny thing is that I had more information about coming products than professional staff of TIGAL company (partner of 3D Systems in Austria). They did not know almost nothing about new line of 3D Systems products. So, unfortunately I did not get any new information till now, expect some previews of CubePro, that you could easy find on the web. Concerning CubeJet is still queerly no info on the web, absolutely nothing. It look like we need to wait until final presentation...

Regards, Dima

hi Ivana,

the funny thing is that I had more information about coming products than professional staff of TIGAL company (partner of 3D Systems in Austria). They did not know almost nothing about new line of 3D Systems products. So, unfortunately I did not get any new information till now, expect some previews of CubePro, that you could easy find on the web. Concerning CubeJet is still queerly no info on the web, absolutely nothing. It look like we need to wait until final presentation...

Regards, Dima
    Hi Dima,

Thank you for your fast reply. For now, I am ordering Ultimaker 2 with the money I have and will wait for new info on CubeJet

Kind regards, Ivana

Technologist
    Add bshadown on Thingiverse
    Hello there.

What do you think? Will Cube Jet use expensive Visi Jet PLX cartridge? If yes, it will be quite expensive to use this machine...
    I just Check their site, and thats a Huge yes, they use companys cartridge

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by bshadown View Post
    I just Check their site, and thats a Huge yes, they use companys cartridge
    NO!!

I will never, and I urge everyone to never buy a printer that uses proprietary print filament in cartridges.

I don't say this because I think it's a rip off. I say this because I KNOW it's a rip off. I have worked for both Ricoh and Fuji Xerox and worked on a range of photocopiers and printers, and i'm literally just fresh out of a decade of it.

I saw an independant company worth 26 million dollars skyrocket to 180 million+ and then sell out because of the amount of money they were making off Toner carts, that were of course PROPRIETARY with the same type of chip that Cube3D uses
    to monitor filament. You know what they concentrated on? the toner, not the machines. They fixed what was needed and tried to get people to print as much as possible. Sold lower quantity toners so they would only last so long before needing replacement etc.

JUST like filament, printer toner worked in other machines, it was the cartridge that got you. Now, it's a bit more complex with photocopiers as they have developer and toner etc and certain magnetic properties but this even drives my point home even more.

Cube can say they have 'special' filament, but for $150 it better be made of gold.

I checked Ebay, $142 for a cube cartridge ($85 for a no name copy) and it DOES NOT advertise the quantity for a start. I think its about 600gm in each one? please correct me someone if i'm wrong.

As we know, we can buy 1kg of filament for around $20 now. So for $150 you can have 7kg of filament versus 600gms of cube 'special' filament.

Please people, don't let the last 2 decades of bring ripped off by printing companies repeat itself by helping them force customers to purchase proprietary cartridges.

Once one company gets away with it, another does and so on... and before you know it, the only machines that will take a stock roll will be home built ones.

Last edited by Geoff; 08-04-2014 at 05:23 AM.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Technician
    I think this machine is a simpler version of their more expensive machine called OBJECT 500 something...I forgot. Anyway if I understand it right, it will only use 4 Materials, with special ink, or powder that do the coloring. So basically you put the filaments in the machine then it make the whole dyeing in the machine,hence get the color.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast