Close

Threaded View

Add HMMurdock on Thingiverse

3D Printed Life Size Eevee (Pokemon) W.I.P

I wanted a place to document my progress on printing and finishing this model. I apologize if this isn't the right place for it. Couldn't find a better spot..

Anyway. I have been stuck trying to figure out what to get my girlfriend for her birthday.. Then I remembered I had a 3D printer, and that she loves pokemon.. So I test printed a small pikachu figure, that I then Vapor Smoothed, Painted and gave to her just cuz.. She loved it. But I wanted to take that one step further.. My original Idea was to make a life size Pikachu statue (1' 4") But then I realized her favorite pokemon was a whole 4" shorter, So it'd be easier to print and it'd be better since it's her favorite.. So I was lucky enough to find a 3D model of Eevee.. Split it up into 14 seperate parts and I started to work.. I've got 1 part done and the other half of the ear printing as I type.. I'm printing on a Da Vinci 1.0a with Repetier 0.92. Slicing with Slic3r..

1 half of the head took 7h 30 min and 48,509mm of plastic. I'm using this green color because I found it doesn't print the best, and I'll be going over the whole thing with sandpaper and bondo anyway to finish it up so it's not a huge deal.. I could teak the infill settings to knock back the time and plastic use but I think it's at a good range as it is..

A few seconds after taking that picture, I dropped it and broke off it's ear.. I had just whipped up a batch of ABS Slurry so I quickly welded it back into place and is good as new.. The total cost of that part is roughly $5.60 if calculated using Da Vinci 1.0 Cartridges..

If anyone has some tips or tricks with making large assemblies like this I'd love to hear them! Would help out a ton. Thanks! ~Capt. "Howling Mad" Murdock
    Attached Images Attached Images