Prusa i3 recently built. I'd had decent success with a print or two ( but somethings just look terrible. In particular, higher layers just look blobbed and very rough. You can compare this to a mini cup that I printed that came out decent. Infil is 40%. Nozzle is 0.3mm and is set appropriately in Slic3r. Layer height is 0.25mm which is probably a bit high for this sized nozzle, but I can't see why it is such an issue.

http://imgur.com/n2bymw9,bRsDVKa,dvp...HDucgd,yS8Xk0f

I'm using ABS from IC3D which is very well reviewed on amazon. I'm extruding at 228 and my initial heatbed setting is usually around 98 degrees. I have no issues with sticking to the bed as I am using a thin ABS slurry. The heatbed only gets that temp if I lay a piece of insulation on top before the print starts. I keep it at around 85 to 90 degrees throughout the print. Perimeters are at 30mm/s. Infill is at 60mm/s. I have not set my extrusion steps exactly, but I have observed that it appears to be very close to "perfect.." Lift Z is set to 0.1mm.

I thought too much accel and jerk was causing the issues that you see in the pictures. They were initially about 70 or 80% of default settings in Marlin. I turned it way down, to probably 35 to 50% of the MArlin default and I still have the same issues.

Any idea what the issues might be?