Close

Hybrid View

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Looks cool (pardon the pun)

Just a question, why do you print the quad arms with rafts or support? those mini quad arms print without warping pretty well, I probably print off 12 a day or so of those, the tops come out all nice and shiny. I can't say I need to cool the nozzle down tho, the fans seem t do a reasonable job

Follow papabur On Twitter Add papabur on Facebook Add papabur on Google+ Add papabur on Thingiverse

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Looks cool (pardon the pun)

Just a question, why do you print the quad arms with rafts or support? those mini quad arms print without warping pretty well, I probably print off 12 a day or so of those, the tops come out all nice and shiny. I can't say I need to cool the nozzle down tho, the fans seem t do a reasonable job

I do not use support or rafting, what you see there on the bracket(which i too have printed quiet a few of, hehe) is just brim and a skirt(blocks air) to help with adhesion..the abs juice does not always do the trick on the longer prints so i use about 2-3mm's of brim around the part and it helps hold the part down. thanks for the pic, very nice quad copter, i got the same one put together on the desk here next to me, lol.
    Last edited by papabur; 01-05-2014 at 04:20 PM.