All,

I work for Rolls-Royce Plc in the UK and have been put in charge of additive layer manufacturing educational outreach activities for an upcoming science show. I'm a STEM ambassador who dedicates around 300 hours a year to inspiring the next generation of engineers and scientists. I have a keen personal interest in 3D printing and own a Da Vinci Xyz for all its sins. I have been given access to a Renishaw EOS metal sintering machine and some stainless steel powder but I'm really keen to find out what the best example of additive layer manufacturing you guys can come up with. I'm looking for a wow factor other than the standard ball inside a cage which is good don't get me wrong but as I will be talking to members of the public, a nice model showing all the benefits and even downfalls of additive layer manufacturing would be brilliant. If anyone would like to work with me on this (I need the model to be open source/non copyright) then I would be glad of the help. Either contact me on here or alternatively you can email me directly at Grant.gibson@rolls-royce.com

Regards

Grant