Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
Yes, you should use calipers to measure the filament in several places over 4-5 feet then average the amount. Be sure to get calipers accurate to .01mm otherwise all your filament will read 1.7mm.

I run all my ABS at 90 bed temp on glass, no kapton, with glue stick on small parts and ABS melted (thin slurry) in acetone on bigger parts.

Speed is always set to about 80mm/s extruding and 100 travel. 235 extruder temp.

Don't worry about the hood cut out in the back, you need a little ventilation. Yes, cover up the handles with some tape at least and you can print some handle covers eventually.
This actually gave me an idea. I tried covering the handles, that didn't help, I tried to up the platform temperature to 120, that seemed to make it even worse. So I went the other way. Put more hairspray on the platform and dropped temperature to 100. Looks like it goes a long way towards eliminating corner lifting. I suspect that the problem is not that ABS was too cold, but just the opposite: with the platform at 115+ and full enclosure, the print remains too warm and too flexy.