Close

Upgrading fan on powerspec 3d pro and sleeving wires

I've had the powerspec pro 3d for a few months now and it is awesome, better than the flashforge in quite a few ways. The only problem is the fan noise. So changing the fans seems to be the best bet right now.

I know the fans run at 24vdc but I'm not sure what the cfm is of the board fan, as well as the two extruder fans. I also have no idea where to find ultra quiet 24vdc fans with a decent airflow.

Would a fan like this work well, if I could find a similar version in 24vdc? In the 5 cfm enough? Can someone recommend a fan that would work?
    http://www.frozencpu.com/products/93...52&id=sWASr5hM

I know I could just make something to step-down 24vdc to 12vdc but I'd rather not.

I am trying to make the printer as quite as possible since it's in a dorm room with other people. I've order dampers for the stepper motors and the fans are next.

Also, would it be a bad idea to sleeve the exposed wires in the case, i.e. wires from hbp and the wire running up the back corners? I know it may be completely pointless but I hate seeing wires, especially in the computers I build.

Just a heads up nsarzy, I wouldn't buy from FrozenCPU as of right now. The owner has went on a rampage and destroyed the place. I'm a computer modder and that's a main stay for me to buy from them and I keep up on news from them but I would buy from Amazon or somewhere else for right now.

I've read that was a rumor and they're just having trouble with the amount of staff

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    I used a silentx 12vdc fan from MicroCenter. It is quieter than than the stock 24vdc fan. I haven't yet made a voltage dropping device but intend to. That said, those in the know have said that fan under the printer isn't even necessary since the stepper drivers aren't running at full capacity. A little extra cooling doesn't ever hurt though.

Quote Originally Posted by nsarzy View Post
    I've read that was a rumor and they're just having trouble with the amount of staff
    nope as of right now, they're totally shut down. It's been confirmed with a couple of vendors of theirs. Sad to say but I'd order from somewhere else for the time being.