Close

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by tsteever View Post
    Doesn't the G1 Z0.05 just move the printer to that location? For all 4 of those prints the bed was level and measured to be touching the glass prior to starting the print.
    G1 Z0.05 raises your head 0.05mm. For a single extruder printer, all the extruder offset does is change your print height with GCode during the start of a print. "Touching the glass" is not a unit of measurement and does not constitute a level bed; furthermore, large thin beds like the one included with your printer are prone to warping anyway. As I said before, p
    ick up some feeler guages and re-level your bed. Only clip the glass down on one side to keep the glass level. When using the guages, stay between .03-.2mm of space depending on the material and adhesion supplement.

Also, printing too fast, do I just change all values to be 30mm or should the print speed be 30mm and all others be a percentage of that?
    Setting print speed will work wonders itself, but it couldn't hurt to scale back everything else the same percentage as well. Nothing needs to be lower than 20 though, leave anything that low alone.

I am confused now about the extruder multiplier and the filament size. I thought that by putting in a multiplier it would make the changes for the material?
    The multiplier is just changing around a lot of the extruder settings with one factor; however, it is reliant on the filament diameter. Measure your filament in several places and in several ways. You will likely end up with a few different measurements, average those together and leave that value in the Diameter field. Then adjust the multiplier up or down depending on whether you need to extrude more or less. That is all covered in greater detail in whitemousegary's extruder calibration guide I linked to previously.
    Last edited by misquamacus; 02-18-2015 at 12:47 PM. Reason: words