Close

Hybrid View

OK here goes. I am 70 years old. I have had several strokes and I wand to get a 3d printer working to make a few ideas I have had working BEFORE I leave this earth. I have worked with several CADD programs and was making a living with AUTOCAD for 2 yrs but never made the transition to 3D When I used them none of them had 3D abilities.
    So what 3d printer soft ware is the easiest and cheapest to learn to make a 3d part?

My other question is where is there a starter tutorial about 3D printing that will answer these questions? what about the different thypes of filiments and what bettere for what? flexing heat cold sunlight, etc.

Is there a catalog designs out there in the public domain that I can prinf?

Enough questions for now.

Super Moderator
    If you have AtuoCAD experience I would check out Fusion 360. It is from AutoDesk also and will be rather familiar to more recent versions of AutoCAD. I can be had for free on either a student use or hobby/entrepreneur or small business.

Quote Originally Posted by PRINTQUINCY View Post
    OK here goes. I am 70 years old. I have had several strokes and I wand to get a 3d printer working to make a few ideas I have had working BEFORE I leave this earth. I have worked with several CADD programs and was making a living with AUTOCAD for 2 yrs but never made the transition to 3D When I used them none of them had 3D abilities.
    So what 3d printer soft ware is the easiest and cheapest to learn to make a 3d part?

My other question is where is there a starter tutorial about 3D printing that will answer these questions? what about the different thypes of filiments and what bettere for what? flexing heat cold sunlight, etc.

Is there a catalog designs out there in the public domain that I can prinf?

Enough questions for now.