Recently I have become interested in pursuing a career in 3D modeling, specifically so I can design objects, and use a 3D printer to create them. As 3D printing is a relatively new technology, finding information on what I need to actually achieve this has been somewhat difficult. I assume that because the technology is so new, there are not yet any education options specifically for 3D printing engineering. Engineers right now have to get their education skills from different degrees and programs, and then attempt to combine the skills they have learned and apply them to 3D printing. Would anyone here know basically what kinds of degrees/certificates I may want to look into getting? Essentially, I want to be creating 3D models with some sort of CAD software, and then integrate those models into a 3D printer to produce them. There are several different degrees and career paths I have looked at that could be used to do this, but am unsure as to what specifically would be the best/what to look at first.