Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    is there a good place to learn more about using Makerware? or even Simplify 3D? I would like to be able to do a little for with makerware and see what simplify 3D has to offer.

Hi Lostinthe907

Coming back to the hobbed bolt thing : you can see it in the 3rd issue page 45 : http://reprapmagazine.com/ I suggest you take a look at those, they make useful read.

As for Simplify 3D they have tutos in the Support part of their site that describe quite aptly the soft capabilities. What I personnally like the most and (for me) justifies it : the slicing times are several times faster than the others and the results are great.

Add GOC on Google+ Add GOC on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by dunginhawk View Post
    ...spend another $150 and get simplify 3d...
    - I'm not sure if buying software is really going to solve your problem. I use a completely free setup utilizing the Cura Engine within the Repetier-Host interface. It has treated me very well & I've been able to make some very nice prints. It has manual control, multiple extruder capabilities, diverse settings, & a very nice interface.

Quote Originally Posted by lostinthe907 View Post
    And i have tried printing with the second head.(left) but it doesnt find the right center point. It moves it way way left amd starts the print off the platform. So i really wanted to get at least one head working properly before working the kinks out of the other...
    - This is simply a matter of adjusting your 2nd extruder offsets. In Repetier-Host this can be done in the 'Printer Settings' window under the 'Extruder' tab.

- I think the issue your having is that the outer perimeter speeds are too fast and your breaking the strand during extrusion. My suggestion is to slow down all your print speeds a bit, especially the 'Outer' & 'Inner' perimeter speeds. (The image below is for parameter variable reference; my speeds/feeds are set very high because I have my machine tuned to handle them)

Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks GOC. spending money on it isn't my first choice but I will do so if need be, but thanks for all the help. my prints have been coming out great, just need a little more work on designing. but for me that is the reason I got it. I will play around with those setting and see if I can make it work a little better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12