Close

eSUN's New Bronze PLA Filament

There are suddenly a number of 3D printer filaments on the market with metallic properties, and now a Chinese manufacturer, Shenzhen eSUN Industrial Co., have released their Bronze PLA printer filament. The company says the filament is ideal for artists looking for an antique or metallic look to their printed objects. eSUN also says the product is "environment-friendly," biodegradable, non toxic and produces no smell while printing. You can read the whole story here: http://3dprint.com/39495/bronze-pla-printer-filament/

Let us now if you have tried out the new Bronze PLA by eSun. How did it perform? Did you have any clogging issues within your extruder? Below is a picture of a piece printed with the new 3D printer filament:

Student
    Would like to know if this eSun filament need to be polished.

I just know about the ColorFabb filaments with metalic properties (Bronze, Copper and now the Brassfill). There are other brands doing it?
    Should be cool a silver one. I'm looking for a silver material for a specific project

Student
    Add IntServo on Facebook
    I will have several rolls of eSUN bronze in a week or so. Anyone interested, shoot me a message I will mail out a sample to you. Thanks, William

Engineer-in-Training
    I picked up a roll of Esun bronze filament at a Makerfaire a couple months ago, I printed a small statue with it and tried to polish it; the results are meh...
    It looks kind of metallic out of the printer, but after leaving the print in a tumbler filled with brass screws for about 16 hours (as seen on some videos for the Colorfab bronzefill) it just looks kind of metallic again, nowhere near the results I've seen with the ColorFabb filaments.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but it just doesn't seem to take a polish.

Student

Thumbs up Esun bronze

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    I picked up a roll of Esun bronze filament at a Makerfaire a couple months ago, I printed a small statue with it and tried to polish it; the results are meh...
    It looks kind of metallic out of the printer, but after leaving the print in a tumbler filled with brass screws for about 16 hours (as seen on some videos for the Colorfab bronzefill) it just looks kind of metallic again, nowhere near the results I've seen with the ColorFabb filaments.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but it just doesn't seem to take a polish.
    Thanks for it Captain Obvius! ColorFabb filaments with metal are not easy to polish as they show in their website. But thumbling you should note some diference... so it sounds that eSun "metal" filaments just look metal but don`t have metal powder on it? That`s sucks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FerGazz View Post
    Thanks for it Captain Obvius! ColorFabb filaments with metal are not easy to polish as they show in their website. But thumbling you should note some diference... so it sounds that eSun "metal" filaments just look metal but don`t have metal powder on it? That`s sucks!!!
    Not true. I have eSun's Bronzefil and it definitely has metal powder in it.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ssayer View Post
    Not true. I have eSun's Bronzefil and it definitely has metal powder in it.
    I'm sure they do have metal, it's quite dense.
    Have you managed to polish prints made with it? I'm trying tumbling again with bigger screws, maybe the ones I used before were to small for the job.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    the best metalic filaments I've tried are the reprapper tech ones - no polishing required, things just look like they're made of metal :-)