I suspect that this is slic3r's fault; I just wish I could tell you how to fix it. My printer was able to put out the pre-loaded sample Gcode without any trouble, but as soon as I generated my own with Slic3r my prints came out just like that. As soon as I switched to S3D everything started coming out perfectly. That's not a sales plug, mind you; I'm sure you can get slic3r to serve you just fine.

I'm recognizing a lot of similar issues in your video. For example, the nozzle isn't mashing each layer down onto the previous one; it's depositing the layers from too high, so you're getting an object that looks like it was spun out of filament instead of one that looks like it was carefully formed out of flat layers of material. If you can't find any mechanical issues(though those "shards of PLA sound concerning as well), perhaps you could try running some pre-generated Gcode that was designed for your particular RigidBot? That way you could either pinpoint or eliminate Slic3r as the cause of your problem.