Close

Threaded View

Can you guys help me get the right printer ?

I did my research but the info out there is little so I though I could use some help.

I want to run a small business operation, print new toys with the printer and then sell them but looking at the quality of some printers, I'm not sure if it's the right time to jump in, technology-wise.

What I'm looking for in the printer is ( in order ) :

+ Quality and Precision :

I was looking at the print samples of Ultimaker 2, ranked #3 by 3dhubs.com under Enthusiast category, and THIS is what I found. One can't simply sell that kind of thing. Seems like FDM technology is not what I should be looking into.

+ Scale-ability and Low Operating Cost :

I want a printer that can print fast. Also the material it uses need to be cheap. Given that I probably won't be able to print high quality stuff with ABS & PLA my only option might be Resin or other options. So, the least I could do is to choose a printer that can print FAST. correct me if I'm wrong.
    + Price :

Yup, that too. I'd prefer if I could keep it under $1000, $3000 is okay but anything over that I'm gonna have to look for investors.

For starters, I wanted to print some Danbos. The are flat for most parts and not curvy so printing them might not be actually that hard. Maybe I could use FDM to print them ?

Attached Images Attached Images