Close

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Student
    Add jakers181008 on Thingiverse
    HA funny thing is i had unplugged it thinking that will solve the maxtemp..... (n00b here) anyways i will test and get back to you.

Student
    Hi, just got back to my printer and it now connects, still making that beeping noice from the lcd board, but i'm unplugged that now as that is annoying the hell out of me. so i've connected the printer with pronterface now with no errors, and while testing, the only thing that is actually working is the heated bed, got it to about 60 degrees last i checked.
    first thing, is that the extruder isn't heating up..
    second, non of the motors are working. they just make a loud noise

what have a set wrong now...? :/

Cheers

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Did you ever say where you got your Marlin firmware? The good thing about Marlin is that it is very flexible - it is configurable to support a wide range of printers. The bad side of Marlin is that you have to either find a variation pretailored for your printer or you have to spend time working through all the configuration details. My guess is that there is a lot of work to do to get Marlin properly configured for you. An earlier post of echo output indicated SD init fail. The extruder heater not working and issues with the beeping could be signs of output pins being incorrectly mapped. Motors are just making noise because you might be trying to drive them too fast.

When you get the LCD beep, what is displayed on the bottom line of the LCD screen? The bottom line is for status messages from Marlin. Maybe there's a hint there on what the beep is about. I'd personally work through that issue first, since an error condition might be inhibiting what Marlin allows you to do with the printer.

One thought would be to start with a copy of the Marlin firmware preconfigured for MakerFarm reprap printers here - http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...s-enhancements. If nothing else, compare the details of the configuration.h and pins.h files between that firmware and your firmware. Where there are differences, you'll have to research or come back with questions on what would be the best for your printer. Right now, of course, we know little about what you actually have for a printer.

I'm in the middle of a number of unrelated projects, and the next several days won't provide me the time to dig into your files more than I have. Maybe someone else can jump in and help.
    Last edited by printbus; 11-14-2014 at 07:14 AM.

Student
    Hiya, thanks for the help printbus, on the lcd at the bottum it actually says mendal ready, but still making the beeping, i'm guessing that is because it doesnt have an SD card in yet, dont want to put one in yet just in case. i'm sorry but i dont remember where i got the firmware from, i just had a look at the one you have linked, but it seems that it is for I3 for a different printer with auto bed level... far from what i have i have this make here: http://www.nextdayreprap.co.uk/prusa...free-download/ only difference is the Ramps 1.4 with lcd sheild i got this one here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3607855687...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

hope this info helps out finding an issue, i can post more pics or videos if you guys wants some of the build? just say what you need to see and i'll upload it for you

Thanks for all the help, i have gotten much further in the last week than i have since last christmas....

Lack of an SD card shouldn't be a problem. I run Marlin that way all the time. Although dacb's fork has the auto leveling capability, it is something that is easily disabled in the configuration.h file. As best I can tell, an I3 printer is just a mechanically improved version of the I2, and the I3V uses a v-rail instead of the linear rods and bearings. Stepper motors and belts are still used in the same places. My point was that starting with something like the MakerFarm build would likely get you closer to a working version of reprap prusa firmware with RAMPS/LCD/SD than a fresh download from the Marlin source. Would you be able to use it exactly as is? Maybe not. Differences in gear ratios and threaded Z rods might lead to some tweaking. And I haven't looked at your LCD panel to see if it's different.
    Last edited by printbus; 11-14-2014 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
    Although dacb's fork has the auto leveling capability, it is something that is easily disabled in the configuration.h file.
    Just as an interesting technical tidbit... If you are running an Auto Bed Leveling version of the firmware... You should be able to use it on a non-Auto Bed Leveling platform. You just don't do a G29 to generate a correction matrix. So what I'm saying is... You could use the fork without turning off the Auto Bed Leveling.

So no one else jumped in. I did look at the pin mapping a bit, and nothing jumped out as wrong. In your configuration.h, the mechanical DEFAULT SETTINGS starting at row 493 are likely going to require tailoring for your printer's number of gear teeth, Z axis screw threads, etc. The speed and acceleration values all seem high. Starting at row 330, the ENDSTOP INVERTING values are set to true; this could be right or wrong depending on how your endstop switches are wired.

Can you elaborate on the beep? Is it present all the time? Or it starts only when you try to do something and if so, doing what? Does it repeat? If so, how often? There should be small hole in the front of the buzzer - cover the hole with a piece of tape to dampen it while you're trying to figure it out.

Did your LCD supplier instruct you to use the G3D_PANEL LCD type in configuration.h? If not, try using REPRAP_DISCOUNT_SMART_CONTROLLER instead. That'll invoke a different pin assignment for the beeper - one of the things you're having issues with.
    Last edited by printbus; 11-14-2014 at 10:28 AM.

Student
    one thing i can tell you now, it is a very high pitch beep and and it is constant but stops for a split second then continues. and it's as soon as the board is plugged into the computer. but omg thank you did not thing of putting something over the beeper XD i was going insane, now it's just about do-able. i will have a look at the other suggestions now will post how i get on

Student
    Also i dont really mind for speed at the moment, just had a look at the line section you have told me to look at, bot really sure what to change, dont want to ruin something (first thought it was ms^2 and was thinking to my self... hmm that is extremly high XD)

I'm taking it is this part here:

//// MOVEMENT SETTINGS
    #define NUM_AXIS 4 // The axis order in all axis related arrays is X, Y, Z, E
    #define HOMING_FEEDRATE {50*60, 50*60, 4*60, 0} // set the homing speeds (mm/min)

// default settings

#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {78.7402,78.7402,200.0*8/3,760*1.1} // default steps per unit for Ultimaker
    #define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE {500, 500, 5, 25} // (mm/sec)
    #define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION {9000,9000,100,10000} // X, Y, Z, E maximum start speed for accelerated moves. E default values are good for Skeinforge 40+, for older versions raise them a lot.

#define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION 3000 // X, Y, Z and E max acceleration in mm/s^2 for printing moves
    #define DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION 3000 // X, Y, Z and E max acceleration in mm/s^2 for retracts

// Offset of the extruders (uncomment if using more than one and relying on firmware to position when changing).
    // The offset has to be X=0, Y=0 for the extruder 0 hotend (default extruder).
    // For the other hotends it is their distance from the extruder 0 hotend.
    // #define EXTRUDER_OFFSET_X {0.0, 20.00} // (in mm) for each extruder, offset of the hotend on the X axis
    // #define EXTRUDER_OFFSET_Y {0.0, 5.00} // (in mm) for each extruder, offset of the hotend on the Y axis

// The speed change that does not require acceleration (i.e. the software might assume it can be done instantaneously)
    #define DEFAULT_XYJERK 20.0 // (mm/sec)
    #define DEFAULT_ZJERK 0.4 // (mm/sec)
    #define DEFAULT_EJERK 5.0 // (mm/sec)

How would this affect it? if any affect at all?

#define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION 300
    #define DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION 300

Thanks

Student
    UPDATE:

Changed the board to what you have suggested, and the beeping has stopped i repeat THE BEEPING HAS STOPPED. thank alot

Also there still is no error on the LCD still says "Mendel is ready"

but when connected to pronterface, still getting the :

echo:SD init fail

would just like to thank you for you help, you have been a million times more helpful than the support people who i got the printer off of...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast